VII.H. BSC Substance Abuse Policy
From BSC Policy
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 16:52, 15 March 2011 by (Created page with '# The BSC does not condone the use or abuse of any substances or activities that contribute to substance abuse. The BSC endeavors to help any member end a substance problem. …')
- The BSC does not condone the use or abuse of any substances or activities that contribute to substance abuse. The BSC endeavors to help any member end a substance problem.
- A substance is any chemical that causes physical, emotional, or behavioral changes. This policy primarily addresses alcohol and controlled substances.
- Substance abuse will not be tolerated and includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- a. Dealing or dispensing of substances on BSC property,
- b. Use of substances in public areas,
- c. Dangerous, threatening, belligerent, or hostile behavior due to the use of a substance,
- d. Or any type of substance use that endangers the health and safety of members.
- Any member who abuses drugs will be subject to BSC disciplinary measures up to and including termination. As a cooperative entity, the BSC strives to help any co-oper end a problem with substances.
- Those that believe that a member is abusing drugs can contact their house manager, or any Central Level Supervisor at 848-1936. All complaints will be handled confidentially and discreetly.
Approved April 29, 1999